Monday, October 6, 2008

One Hundred Things About Michelle

So, I was reading a friend's blog the other day and she had this really cute link on the side that said, "100 Things About _______". I thought, "WOW! How neat! I wonder if I did that if my husband would learn anything?" So, in a neat twist of fate, the subject came up just last night. Somehow in the course of conversation, I asked him if he knew my favorite flower..... He guessed----wrong. Well, wrong in a sort of way. So, it was then I knew I had to do this. I would say that 99% Barry will know, but the remaining 1% I think I'll give him a quiz on. How much do you know? Easy to find out: there's only 100 questions, so take the number that you knew and that is your percentage (yeah, I've been teaching percentages at home, can you tell?). Let me hear from you....


1. I am a born-again Christian.
2. I was saved at the age of 7.
3. My dad was pastoring the church that I was saved at.
4. My dad baptized me.
5. My dad married me.
6. My dad's name, Jack, is not his legal name.
7. When I was young, I wanted to change my name.
8. I have known my husband for over 20 years.
9. I was drum major in high school.
10. I was drum major in college.
11. My husband is my very best friend.
12. People used to think my husband was my brother (YUCK!).
13. I homeschool our four children.
14. My middle name comes from my maternal grandmother.
15. I used to be horribly teased from my classmates (mainly the boys) about my middle name.
16. My middle name is Lucille.
17. The boys used to sing, "You picked a fine time to leave me, Lucille..." as they circled around me.
18. I hated history in school.
19. History is my favorite subject to teacht o my kids.
20. I am a homeschool mom.
21. I love my job.
22. I love photography.
23. My mother is in Heaven.
24. My mother was the most unselfish person in my life.
25. I love to teach Bible (especially to women).
26. Memorizing is easy for me.
27. I don't like cats.28. I am a dog person.
29. I am allergic to horses and cats.
30. I love to play piano/keys.
31. I have been playing piano since I was 7.
32. I play french horn.
33. I play clarinet.
34. I met my husband when he was my private french horn instructor.
35. He tried (for a few weeks) to be only my instructor (that didn't work!).
36. I am the youngest of 4.
37. I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.
38. I was, and still am, spoiled by my siblings.
39. My siblings are 15, 13, and 10 years older than me, respectively.
40. I was an aunt at age 5.
41. I knew only one great grandparent in my life.
42. I have a very unique maiden name: Smith.
43. My favorite music is contemporary Christian, R&B/Soul/Jazz (Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, Frank Sinatra), and shag.
44. My favorite contemporary Christian artists are: Rich Mullins, Michael OBrien, Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, and Newsong.
45. I love to listen to Joyce Meyer and Beth Moore.
46. I also like TD Jakes.
47. I played in a contemporary praise band, Exitup, until we moved to the flatlands.
48. My favorite color is yellow.
49. I like to write.
50. My fourth child grew in my heart, not under it.
51. I have traveled outside of the US 3
times.
52. I hear Guatemala calling my name everyday!
53. Adoption is one of things closest to my heart in the whole world.
54. The most important thing I experienced from our adoption experience was a small taste of God's love for us as His adopted children.
55. I have 3 straight-haired children and 1 who has enough curls for the whole state of NC!
56. My most favorite place in the whole world is the Outer Banks of NC.
57. I prefer living in either the mountains or on the coast, not inbetween!
58. I have coached softball, basketball, and even soccer (yeah, that last one was pretty funny!).
59. My favorite foods are salads.
60. I love sunny days.
61. Rainy days make me sad (and it could even be said that they make me grumpy!).
62. I don't think that I could live in London.
63. I like playing in orchestral bands, but don't really like listening to band music unless I am familiar with the piece.
64. I prefer brass over woodwind.
65. I only had morning sickness 1 time in all 3 of my pregnancies.
66. I prefer salty to sweet.
67. One of my favorite movies is, "The King and I".
68. My favorite actress is Julie Andrews.
69. My favorite actor is Antonio Banderas.
70. I like to do laundry.
71. I hate to dust.
72. My favorite subject in school was English (except for band).
73. Many people mistake me for hispanic or American indian.
74. My ancestry includes black Dutch and Cherokee.
75. My grandmother's name was "Fannie".
76. I prefer silver to yellow gold.
77. Reading is a favorite pastime (when I get the chance!).
78. Favorite books: Shepherding a Child's Heart, Millie Keith Series, and obviously the Bible.
79. I like Canon gear better than Nikon.
80. When I was little, I figured I'd grow up to be a teacher.
81. I just didn't think that teacher would be to my own kids.
82. At one point I wanted to be a horse jockey.
83. That was before I found out 1)allergic to horses, and 2)too tall.
84. My feet grew 1/2 size each time I was pregnant.
85. I tend to fall asleep while watching a movie.
86. My favorite flower is a zinnia.
87. Swedish Fish is my favorite candy.
88. I lived in the same place for the first 25 years of my life.
89. I don't like mini blinds.
90. I know that last one is weird... I like sheer curtains.
91. Hard wood floors are better than carpet.
92. Japanese food is my favorite, although I eat lots of Mexican.
93. I think video games are a waste of time (just ask my kids).
94. I like to hike.
95. I like to play ball even better.
96. My sister taught me to swim at the age of 6.
97. I nearly died trying to learn (OK... that's a little exaggerated, but that's what it felt like!).
98. I like reading blogs of people I've never met.
99. I am incredibly conservative in political realms.
100. I hope you read to the end of this as it took me a long time to think up. : o )

3 comments:

C McPherson said...

#84: Me, too!!!
charlotte
man, I do miss all of you . . .

Katie said...

I got 87%! ;)

Anonymous said...

I didn't do to bad....knew at least 50%. I loved that you did this and enjoyed thinking back to things....love you girl :) elaine