Tuesday, November 11, 2008

BLADEN COUNTY WATERWAYS

Below you will find a glimpse of the lovely Cape Fear River. We cross this river everyday as we traverse to and from our new home on White Lake. Remember the movie, "Cape Fear"? I think it came out in the nineties? It was based on this river. I guess it would give the Cape Fear a bad name, but it is really a lovely river, complete with locks and all. Really neat!!!





And the next few photos were taken at Jones Lake, also here in Bladen County. My in-laws came to visit about a month ago and while out driving, we happened to stumble across this beautiful place at just the right time to catch a few sunset dream photos. I nearly broke my neck running about all over the place with the camera in hopes of getting a few good ones.



The water on this particular evening was so gorgeous. It was so still that it was just like a mirror.

Cypress trees jut out of the water all around its edges. The water at all the lakes here in Bladen County (with the exception of White Lake, of course) are a dark, murky red/brown. White Lake is perfectly clear as it is spring fed. Its bottom is white sand and it is a virtual dream for anyone who like the water. Since we have moved to White Lake, I find myself wanting to do nothing other than ride around on my bike, soaking in the views, smells, and feel of the Autumn air in Eastern Carolina. Yeah, I think I'm starting to like it here.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the pictures are beautiful....I bet you are enjoying it there. Somewhere different and new is always neat to explore. Send pictures of your new place soon. Love ya, elaine