Monday, December 8, 2008

YOU BETTER NOT CRY, I'M TELLIN' YOU WHY....



SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN!!!













Today was a neat day.





Our church had their annual AWANA Store where the kids could spend their "Awana Bucks" (play $$ they've earned for memorizing Scripture). Along with all the hoopla that entailed was the great surprise of having Santa show up for the festivites.




Santa just happens to also be the sound-man at our church! I don't think I've ever seen anyone look more like the magical man I have embedded in my mind than Thomas. He just radiates Christmas joy in his smile and in the hearts of the children he shares Christ's love with.


I have one child in particular that is still very fond of Santa: Jackie.
She just loves the idea, the fairy tale, the general aura of Santa Claus.
















And Joseph wasted absolutely no time in telling Santa that he really needs another Nintendo DS game for Christmas.

















I really think Santa enjoyed some Curly-KT Sugar, too.

















I was so pleased to be able to take pictures of the AWANA kids as they came in to do their "Christmas Shopping". Santa had a great time talking with them and I enjoyed snapping some neat photos of some really beautiful children. Below you'll find some of my favorites.














































And, yeah, Santa brought along his LADY on this trip!










And, as an extra bonus, Our new pastor and his family asked me if I would snap a few pics of them for Christmas. This happens to be my favorite, taken right in front of the doors at our church in Dublin. What a beautiful family!





















2 comments:

Elaine said...

You never change girl...you are as beautiful now as you always have been...seriously. Love the Santa pictures....he truly does have that Santa glow doesn't he. Thanks for sharing...I love this time of year.

Dawn said...

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful photos.