Sunday, February 1, 2009

ENLIGHTENED

And enlightened by a three-year-old, nonetheless!



Yep. It's all too true.
Benjamin completely and totally cleared up an age-old question for me a few days ago.
He and I were on our way to the grocery store together. You know ~ a little mommy/son bonding time. He prompted this little outing himself by just being plain ol' difficult all morning. It wasn't anything big. Just the typical three-year-old whining. But, it was getting increasingly difficult for the older three to get their lessons done on this particular morning. The cupboards were getting bare, so a little trip, just he and I (it is great having a child old enough to babysit ~a.k.a. "Live-in Babysitter"), sounded like a nice way for the others to get their work done.
However, the whining didn't end. And what I mean by whining is this:
"Mommy? Mommy? Mommy!!!!! Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy?
MOMMY????????".
It didn't matter how I answered him, it was that little, annoying voice that every mother hears from time to time. Finally, I just couldn't take it anymore.
"Benjamin!!!! That's enough! QUIT WHINING!"
His response? Here comes the enlightenment.......
"But, Mommy..... I YIKE (like) YINING (whining)!"

1 comment: