Friday, August 1, 2008

MIA

Last night we said goodbye to a very special member of the Galyean Gang: Mia.
Mia was our 1 1/2 year old Saint Bernard puppy. We got her when her sister, Maya, got run over on the road outside of our development. They looked exactly like twins, only Mia had a few nose freckles and Maya didn't.
Mia got out on the very same road last night and was also hit by a car. So, now not only are we working to hold it together emotionally with a move, but also with the death of a pet.



This is Mia with our Beagle, Diamond. They were big buddies and loved to roam the woods in search of deer and rabbits. If one started howing with the coyotes, then the other one would start in. Usually Jack-jack, our Bassett Hound, would begin the howl-fest with this deep, pitiful howl that everyone in the county could hear. Then, Mia would join in.



I took this photo only last week when we were blackberry picking while the older kids were away at camp. BOY! I'm glad I did.......
Jackie and Joseph have been torn up about Mia's passing today, but the photos are helping. It was Jackie's aspirations to have St. Bernard pups with Mia next summer. I think that we will just enjoy the hounds we have and not think of another St. Bernard for quite some time.
Benjamin has a HUGE St. Bernard stuffed animal on his bed that he affectionately calls, "Mina", so I suppose that she will be the only Bernard in the Galyean House for a while.
So long, Mia, I'll miss you.

3 comments:

Granny C.W.B. said...

So sad!!! Our prayers are with you guys. Losing a family pet is tough. :-(

~Kim Wooten & Family

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about your loss - praying for God's comforts & peace during these times -

Karen, Doug & Becky Yingling

Elaine said...

Oh man....that just breaks my heart. You know our pets are like family...mine are my 3 kids and I dread the day I lose one of them. The memories will help and of course the pictures. Prayers out to all of you...love ya