Monday, July 7, 2008

A GOOD TIME

Meet the Scott Family.
I met them at their "vacation" home in Independence, VA a few days ago to have a family portrait session. What a sweet family they are. They truly seem to enjoy each other (plus the dog, Dolly). Thanks, Doug, for getting in touch with me and letting me be a part of your time together.











Katie is in Roanoke at church camp this week. Barry and I are very proud of her as she has raised her own money this summer to attend two select camps of her choice. It was quite a chore as she needed about $600 total. In a few weeks she will attend National Basketball Camp in Elon.

Jackie and Joseph are still working on raising their money as well. They leave for music camp the same week that Katie will be at basketball camp. They are busy this week catching up on some school work and Jackie can't seem to keep out of the blackberries. She has trained Benjamin to pick only the black ones, but I think that he eats way more than he brings to the kitchen. Joseph is still swinging from every rope and performing stunts with his horse whip as he practices his Indiana Jones moves.

Benjamin is into cutting paper all to pieces these days as he has figured out how to use scissors. It's funny, I guess....... Thirteen years ago I wouldn't dare have let KT "play" with scissors (yes, Daddy, they ARE safety scissors!!!). But, I have found out that the more kids I have in the house, the more I let them explore and don't orchestrate every move they make.

No comments: