Saturday, January 10, 2009

BACK AT IT...WITH A LITTLE BREAK

Well, after months - literally: MONTHS - of moving around resettling, reshuffling, finding things, losing them, and finding them again, we are finally schooling again.






I have a few weeks of lessons laid out. Now, let's see if we can stay on schedule.






The photo below was actually at our "old" house here in Etown. There I had a school room. Here at White Lake, I have a school "closet". The closets in this house are very deep, so one of them houses our books, audios, books, crafts, and did I mention books? We are in and out of that one closet a gazillion times a day, but I think it will work for us.



















Ben is majoring in playdough.











He is taking time out to include some extracurricular activities like spelling his name.















All by himself and holding the pen the right way, too!











Joseph has impeccable penmanship. This is a paper he was writing on the Nile River and it's occupants. Doesn't it look nice?






I wonder if the fact that I don't have many pictures of the girls schooling means anything? Hmmmmm..... those of you who know KT realize she typically has some sort of book attached to various body parts. As for Jackie, we have added piano to school for her this year, and she has really taken to it.
We also have P.E. class for those of you who wonder if my homeschooled children are well-rounded. ~wink~
We were all outside today in shorts and sleeveless shirts. Ben rode his "big boy" bicycle, KT and I walked the bassett, Jackie walked with Ben, and then Joe and Ben had some trampoline time.









There were other fitness efforts going on at our house today as well.
The new Wii Fit has been quite a hit, but things seem to be turning violent as I caught both of my daughters secretly videotaping me hoola-hooping on the Wii (and it was from the REAR!). NOT a pretty sight! If you can get a visual, try to picture me on this little white board, wildly swinging my hips rather unproportionately, sweat dripping off of my face (it really was), and crying up to the top of my lungs that death was imminent and pending.... Yeah, that was me. They even caught me collapsing in a heap on the floor afterwards, panting like a wild dog. But just you wait..... this Mama knows all about payback.
~evil grin and a mischievious snicker~






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness that we don't have a video recorder here. I could only imagine what my girls would be able to tape of me on the Wii. Keep on hula hoopin'!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

did you desstroy the video or is it on someone's blog somewhere?

Elaine said...

Ok girls....where's the video???