Wednesday, March 26, 2008

IT'S AN EASTER GIFT!!!!!!


Well, atleast that's one way a person could look at it: a GIFT. That is evidently how my children see this new addition to our family. Yes, it's all too true: Jackie's hamster, Rosie, surprised us at 5:15 Easter morning with six new little babies!!!!! We arose early for sunrise service and right before we walked out the door into darkness, Jackie sprints down the stairs calling, "MAMA! MAMAAAAAA! My hamster just had babies!!!!" Now, you have to understand that she had only had the rodent for a little over a week, so I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, something was wrong with it and it wasn't really babies, only some body part lying in the shavings. To my dismay, there lay six little wriggling, furless, pink wads!!!! Joseph cried out, "It's an Easter gift!!!!". I realize that Resurrection Day is all about new life, but surely my Heavenly Father must have been rocking with laughter this Easter Day as I discovered His timely gift to my youngest daughter.






Meet the proud mother, Rosie (Emily Rose, affectionately named after Jackie's best friend).
I must admit, Jackie has quite surprised me with her interest in this new adventure. She has always been our "critter lover", but this discovery has prompted her to visit the web daily in search of hamster information. She checked out several books from the library on hamsters and has even decided to do her 4-H presentation on hamsters!!!! When I call her down from her room to inquire what she is doing, I seem to be getting the same answer each time: "Studying about hamsters!!!!". Atleast we have a home for 2 of them already (I think!!!)-----we have to separate them at 4 weeks due to their early breeding habits!!!!

We'll keep you posted on the progress of fur-growing and presentation preparation......



No comments: